Strength Training Program Coming to Van Alstyne

Sam Mosby, Reporter

Making playoffs in the Fall starts with hard work in the Summer. Athletes who participate in Fall sports, such as football, volleyball, or cross country, have a great opportunity through the Athletics Department this Summer: That opportunity is called Performance Course.

Performance Course is a company which travels to schools during the summer and works with student athletes. The staff at Performance Course excel in strength and conditioning workouts while aspiring to get athletes in the best shape of their life.

Van Alstyne High School Coach Bubba Sedlacek went through Performance Course as a student athlete while attending Allen High School. Performance Course has been working with Allen High School’s student athletes for 16 years, and could be the recipe for success for the athletic department at Allen High School.

“A bunch of what we already do exercise wise is inspired by workouts I’ve seen Performance Course do. So I am very happy that our athletes will have the opportunity to work with them.” Sedlacek said.

Coaches and student athletes are excited that Performance Course will be coming to Van Alstyne this summer. Workouts will begin on June 4 at the Athletic Training Center. Performance Course training will continue throughout the summer, leading up to two-a-days for football, volleyball, and cross country. Student athletes interested in signing up for Performance Course should contact Van Alstyne ISD Athletic Director, Mikeal Miller.