Fine Arts Night

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fine Arts Night

Jessica Webb and Estefany Jaramillo

Van Alstyne ISD hosted its very first “Fine Arts Extravaganza” on Thursday, May 3, showcasing students involved in all aspects of the arts programs throughout all three campuses: Elementary, Middle, and High School. It was held at the Van Alstyne Middle School, all three stages hosted musical and theatrical performances, while artwork from visual arts from all schools lined the walls.

A stage was set up in the library for the Van Alstyne High School Choir to perform, along with flute, clarinet, and brass ensembles. The gym was used as a stage for the Van Alstyne Middle School Choir and Band, percussion ensembles, and performances by the Van Alstyne Color Guard. Finally, the cafeteria stage was used for theatrical performances by the Middle School and High School Theater Programs throughout the night with Van Alstyne High School Band Ensembles and Van Alstyne Elementary School choir performances scattered in between.

Traveling back and forth between performances, parents were treated to view the lovely pieces of art from students of all campuses.

This was the first year anything like this had ever been done for the art programs of Van Alstyne

“I feel especially great after seeing the turn out of the night. It is a great annual activity for families to attend and enjoy some free entertainment. It shows off some aspects of the fine arts that might be able to locate normally,” Nate Montgomery, Senior, said.

Fine Arts Night was a great way for families to see their children’s hard work finally be displayed and recognized. Art students work extremely hard to create their best work and this is the perfect night to showcase their talents.